Saturday, August 20, 2011

Summer Wrap Up

Summer is winding to a close. The Hall of Fame Game was canceled this year but the parade must go on. This year we scored bleacher seats on parade route thanks to the American Red Cross. The kids and I along with Grandma Franny work up early and with doughnuts in hand watched all the units march down Market Street.

You know summer is almost over when we make our pilgrimage to the school doors to see the teacher postings. I can remember when I was in elementary school and how exciting it was to race up the doors and frantically searching for my name. My children are no different. Sydney was on the edge all day; at 3 o'clock exactly she was on my case to leave. Upon arrival she was deflated by the news that she was not with first choice but I think she is slowly coming around. Andrew on the other hand is on cloud nine! He scored an awesome teacher, Mrs Melert. I have a feeling they will both have great years.

No comments: