Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Holidays



Even though I woke Christmas morning in a different place than years past, it still had a familiar feel. I awoke to the sound of my dad chopping wood and got myself ready as the smell of wood burning filled the air. Ahhh! Oh how I have missed having a wood burning fireplace on Christmas. And, probably one of the big reasons I wanted this house. As a child I dreaded hauling wheelbarrows full of logs up to the house. But, its been over 10 years since we had a wood burning fireplace and even longer since I hauled those logs so in a way I miss it. And miss seeing my dad hunched over the embers.

Soon enough the kids were up and scurrying about the house checking to see if Santa ate their cookies. Despite efforts to camouflage the violin Grandma Pam got Sydney that was the first thing she noticed. I think its safe to say everyone got everything they wanted(needed). Santa brought Sydney an IPod Shuffle and the reindeer pictures she requested and Andrew got his dinosaur.



No comments: