Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Reading To Logan

For Sydney school does not come easy. She works very hard to keep up with her classmates in reading and math. Looking back on my own school years I empathize with her situation. This year we were blessed with a fantastic group of teachers and aides who took a lot of extra time to work one on one with her. Thank you!

The North Canton Library has a program called Reading with Logan. Logan, a 10 year old golden retriever is a certified therapy dog. Parents can schedule a time slot for their child to read one on one with Logan. When I heard of it I knew right away it would be perfect for Sydney.



Just as I suspected... the child who dislikes reading happily read two books to her new friend and when the event was over read one more. She even packed a few treats in her bag which Logan greatly appreciated.

No comments: