Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Boca Raton

Matt & I had a fabulous time in Boca Raton. Chase really went all out to thank their top performers. We flew first class and spent 3 glorious nights at the Boca Raton Resort & Club. The first night they had a Moroccan themed welcome reception with tons of appetizers, music, activity tables, even a fortune teller. The next day Matt went golfing while I had a manicure & pedicure. That evening was a beach party complete with crab races, hair braiding and shell painting. Mixed between all of these events Matt had to attend meetings but I got to hang out by the pool and get a little sun. I almost didn't know what to do with myself. We have not traveled alone with out the kids, ever! I almost felt naked without a stroller, diaper bag and tons of extra luggage. On Saturday we joined the deep sea fishing excursion. I grew up fishing with my grandpa in the Florida Keys and was really looking forward to getting out on the ocean. Turns out, the only thing we did out there was look at the ocean. We didn't get a single bite. Although our group was highly motivated I cannot say the same for our boat crew. Thankfully, we had the awards dinner & dancing to put a good ending on the trip.

I have to send a huge THANK YOU out to my parents,Matt's dad & Liz. While we were basking in sunshine, my parents were in cold Ohio dealing with our vomiting children. Andrew & Sydney both came down with the 5 day stomach flu. What timing! I felt terrible! But, they we awesome. Spending their weekend, tending, comforting and washing bedding & clothes 24/7. I LOVE YOU GUYS! Another thank you goes out to Greg & Liz who came down on Saturday & Sunday and took Sydney off their hands. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

No comments: