Monday, December 11, 2006

Officially Ours

Today was a big day for our family. Andrew's adoption was finalized, he was granted US Citizenship and got his name officially changed to Andrew David Min Lavelle!!!!! What a day!

Our appointed time was 1:30 PM, Nap Time! I was afraid Andrew was going to be either really crabby or sound asleep. But, to my surprise he pleasantly appeared, all dressed up in his tie in front of Magistrate Diana Stevenson of Summit County Probate Court. She verified our name spellings and date of births, then turned to Sydney to speak on behalf of our family. AHHHH! I had a feeling that was going to happen. She asked if Sydney liked being a big sister, did she she help mommy & daddy take care of him and if she wanted him to stay with us forever. Thank goodness she answered yes to all of the questions! Cuz, on the car ride there she told me she didn't want Andrew anymore because he hits. :) The magistrate then let us come behind the bench and Sydney got to stamp the offical court seal on Andrew's adoption papers. HOORAY!!! Andrew gave the magistrate five and blew her a kiss and we were done.

I saw this quiz online and found it very interesting. Its a portion of the US Citizen test. Andrew was too young to take it but I'm glad I didnt have to, because I failed. If your interested in trying your luck, here is the link.....

http://reference.aol.com/quizzes/citizenship

No comments: