Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Heather's New Job

As many of you know I have been volunteering for the American Red Cross Rape Crisis Center for the past few years. Through my supervisor I learned of a job opening in the emergency services department. I interviewed, completed the training and I am now working full time as the after hours emergency services caseworker. So what is that, you ask!

After the Red Cross office closes I am the on call caseworker who handles the emergency services calls. I direct advocates to local hospitals to handle sexual assault cases, send Red Cross teams to area fire & disasters, arrange transportation for dialysis patients, and process emergency casework for families of US Armed Forces personal.

So far, I am loving it and the best part is, I work from home. I can organize disaster teams in my pajamas!

And yes, I am still a travel agent. The travel business is my first love.

No comments: