Friday, April 21, 2006

The journey has begun....

Andrew’s journey home has officially begun. Right now it is 10:30 pm in Seoul, Korea and Andrew’s foster mom has said her goodbyes and he will spend the night at the KSS Orphanage. After caring for him for nine months I can only imagine the loss they must both feel right now. Mrs. Lee must be a very strong woman to take on such a selfless job. I cannot put into words the gratitude I have for her. Even though he is in a strange place and without his “Oma” hopefully, Andrew will get some sleep. In the morning he will wake up early and head to the airport.

We all understand that foster care is not forever and making this journey is whats best for the child. Unfortunately the babies do not.

I'm sorry to be a downer this morning, I really am happy. I guess I am just trying to imagine what Andrew is going through today. Thank goodness children are resilient.

~Heather Lavelle

P.S.Approximately 10:00 pm tonight (our time) Andrew along with two other babies will board the plane in Seoul.

No comments: